Learn step by step how you can create this glittery Pink Heart Paper Cut Art!
- Shadow Box
- I used a 14″ by 11″ white shadow box.
- Glitter Cardstock Paper – Pink
- I used the Glitter Shimmer Paper by Recollections at Michael’s.
- Click here to view and/or purchase the pink glitter cardstock.
- Cut a 12″ by 12″ white piece of paper. You will craft the project on it.
- Any liquid glue will look. I don’t recommend using a glue stick or hot glue gun.
- I used this glue for the project.
- Electronic Cutting Machine
- The Silhouette Cameo 4 or the Circut Explore Air 3 are both perfect options.
- Cutting Mat
- This cutting mat is used for the electronic cutting machine.
Step 1: Cut Out The Hearts
Keep In Mind Before Beginning
I crafted this project inside a 14″ by 11″ shadow box. The size of the hearts in the downloadable templates below were designed to fit the 14″ by 11″ shadow box. If you are using a different size shadow box, please adjust the hearts accordingly.
Below is a link to download the heart pattern. It is sized for a 14″ by 11″ shadow box.
Upload and Cut
Once you’ve downloaded our patterns, upload the patterns into the electronic cutting machine’s software. Drag and drop usually does the trick.
While using the software, you may need to adjust the size of the pattern template to 14″ by 11″. Place the cardstock on the cutting mat. Feed the cutting mat into the electronic cutting machine.
Cut regular cardstock on your Silhouette, use these cut settings:
- Blade: 4
- Speed: 5
- Force: 24
- Passes: 1
Cut regular cardstock on your Cricut by selecting the “cardstock” or “medium cardstock” option in the material setting.
When ready, allow your electronic cutting machine cut the leaves and tree trunk out!
Step 2: Glue Into Place
Fold all the hearts down the middle.
This step is optional, but download below and printing this heart template. Lay it underneath the 14″ by 11″ black white paper. Use it to help position the folded glitter hearts into a perfect heart shape.
Once positioned in the desired place, glue the hearts.
A drop of glue running down the center of the hearts is all that is needed.
Allow the glue to dry for several hours.
Hang Up Your Masterpiece
Once the glue is dry you’re done!
Place the art inside your shadow box.
Hang up your paper cut art for everyone to see!